The orthopedic nursing program aims to equip Registered Nurses with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to work safely and effectively in the orthopedic setting.
(N/723/3/0193) : MQA/PA 9775 (03/24)
This program aims to prepare nurses who are:
- Effective in integrating their theoretical knowledge and clinical nursing in caring for the orthopedic patients.
- Efficient in projecting leadership role and therapeutic communication in respond to crisis management in orthopedic related units.
- Capable to inculcate professionalism, ethical values and social responsibilities towards colleagues, patients and their families within the multidisciplinary team.
- Capable in utilising acquired knowledge and skills in evidence-based practice and problem solving in life-long learning to expand their professional development.
This program consists of theoretical input and clinical practice in orthopedic nursing.
- Orthopedic Nursing Medical Sciences
- Orthopedic Nursing Behavioral Sciences
- Orthopedic Nursing Sciences
- Nursing Practicum
- Six (6) months full time program
Language Used for Delivery:
- Problem-based Learning
- Clinical in Skill Lab
- Clinical Experience
- Diploma/ Degree in Nursing
- Registered with Malaysian Nursing Board (MNB) or its equivalent
- Possess Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Minimum Two (2) Years Clinical Working Experience
- Possess at Least Three (3) Months Experience in the Related Speciality
- Post Basic Certificate in Orthopedic Nursing
Approval Body for the Commencement of the Programme:
- Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- Malaysian Nursing Board (MNB)