The perioperative nursing program aims to equip Registered Nurses with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to work safely and effectively in the perioperative setting.
(N/723/3/0159) : MQA/FA 8293 (06/22)
This program aims to prepare nurses who are:
- Competent to intergrate theory, principles and concepts into perioperative nursing practice.
- Efficient in provinding continuous, integrated care in perioperative assessment, intraoperative intervention, and postoperative evaluation of surgical patients.
- Skillful in participating effectively as a team member to support surgical patients’ achievements of their expected outcomes.
This program consists of theoretical input and clinical practice in perioperative nursing.
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology
- Principles of Asepsis, Infection Control and Techniques of Sterilization
- Principles of Instrumentation, Sutures, and Needles Related to Wound Healing
- Operation Methods and Technologies
- Anesthesia Agents, Anesthesia Methods, and Nursing Implications
- Legal-Ethical Implications, Risk Management in Perioperative Environment
- Patient Care in the Pre, Intra, and Post-Operative Settings
- Nursing Practicum
- Six (6) months full time program
Language Used for Delivery:
- Problem-based Learning
- Clinical in Skill Lab
- Clinical Experience
- Diploma/ Degre in Nursing
- Registered with Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM) or its equivalent
- Possess Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Minimum Two (2) Years Clinical Working Experience
- Possess at Least Three (3) Months Experience in the Related Speciality
- Post Basic Certificate in Perioperative
Approval Body for the Commencement of the Programme:
- Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM)